Effective 1st October 2018.
The Empowered Surveys Website ("Site") and service ("Service") is owned and operated by Trimantium GrowthOps Limited ACN 621 067 678 (referred to hereafter as "Empowered Surveys").
This policy explains what information Empowered Surveys collects about Members of the Site and how we use this information in compliance with the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012.
1. Collection and Use of Personally Identifiable Information
Empowered Surveys only collects personally identifiable information that is volunteered by Members during the registration process or in response to specific information requests presented directly to Members. Empowered Surveys only collects information that is necessary for us to perform our business and provide the Service to you.
Specific identifiable information is collected from Members for the purpose of determining the eligibility for, and providing of Empowered Surveys rewards and prizes. This information includes details such as name, address, email address, bank details and phone number.
By submitting a completed questionnaire for the additional offers and discounts you also agree to supply your contact information and questionnaire responses to the companies and organisations you have explicitly expressed an interest to receive further information from. These third party companies and organisations may use your contact details to contact you by mail, phone or email to send offers and promote their services based on your selected preferences. By responding to a question you expressly consent for that named third party company or organisation to contact you using the details you provided.
Personal information may also be used to create an anonymous link to additional third party data and that this data will be placed in cookies for the purpose of online anonymous advertising that is unaffiliated with the Empowered Surveys site.
We may use third parties to supply and deliver rewards and prizes. In this case it is necessary to share your personal information for fulfilment purposes. These third parties are prohibited from using your personal information for any other purposes. Where this occurs, Empowered Surveys takes reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information is handled in a manner that is consistent with the Privacy Act.
We may also share your personal information and/or social-demographic information, including, without limitation, a unique identification number (“UID”), postal code, gender, marital status, education, ethnicity/race (where permitted by applicable law), employment related information, and non-personally identifiable information on household members, with third party sample/market research companies (individually each a “Third Party MR Company” and collectively the “Third Party MR Companies”) for the purpose of identifying survey opportunities that you may be eligible for through the Third Party MR Companies. If you are eligible for a survey opportunity, the Third Party MR Company will provide your unique identification number and a survey link to us and we will invite you to participate in the survey. We will not share your name, email address, or phone number with the Third Party MR Companies. In connection with the sharing of your information with a Third Party MR Company, your information may be transferred and stored outside of Australia. If you have any questions about this data sharing please contact the Empowered Surveys Privacy Office using the details below or alternatively you can unsubscribe from the Empowered Surveys program here. Your participation in such survey opportunities does not entitle you to any benefits offered by, or membership with, the Third Party MR Companies.
With the exceptions listed above, we WILL NOT edit, modify or disclose your personally identifiable information to any third party without your permission unless we believe such action is necessary to:
- Provide the Service to you;
- Conform to legal requirements or comply with a legal procedure;
- Protect and defend Empowered Surveys's rights and property;
- Enforce the Empowered Surveys Terms of Service (TOS); or
- Protect the interests of our subscribers or others.
We may access your account, including its contents, as stated above or to respond to Service or technical issues.
2. Collection and Use of Non-Personally Identifiable Information
- Member Profile - Empowered Surveys collects and stores general information about our Members and their activity on our site and affiliated sites so that we can improve our offerings and tailor content on our site and affiliated sites to meet the interests of our Members. The information we collect includes the non-personally identifiable information volunteered during the registration process or in response to specific information requests presented directly to Members. Wherever possible, we will use the information we hold to improve the relevance of surveys and if applicable, email promotions that we send to Members. Empowered Surveys may make general aggregate data (such as age groups, interest profiles, geographic regions and other non-identifying information) about our Members available to existing and potential advertisers, business partners and investors. This aggregate data never contains specific identifiable information about any individual user.
- IP Address - The Empowered Surveys servers automatically record your IP address, your browser type and operating system when you access our site. We may use this information to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our web site and compile aggregate user information for our advertisers. If we detect fraud or abuse of our system we may use the IP address of the offender to take action against them.
- Clear GIFs - Empowered Surveys may use technology known as "Clear GIFs" on our Site, in our email communications and on the web sites of our affiliates or partners. Clear GIFs do not store or contain any personally identifiable information but they allow us to better track the effectiveness of our promotions. Empowered Surveys has developed a system to automatically credit our Members with rewards when they transact with our partners or affiliates, e.g. at the completion of a survey. This system uses a combination of a Cookie and a Clear GIF to enable us to identify the transaction as belonging to you and to credit your account accordingly. By disabling support for Cookies in your browser we will be unable to recognise the transaction or credit your account. This system does not allow any third party to access any of your personally identifiable information.
3. Data Security
Personally identifiable information collected by Empowered Surveys is stored in accordance with our site security policy and we take reasonable steps to ensure that member information is secure from unauthorised access, interference and loss, modification or disclosure. If Empowered Surveys no longer requires the information we will take reasonable steps to destroy any personally identifiable information.
4. Access & Correction
Personally identifiable information collected by Empowered Surveys can be accessed and updated by the Member by using the facility provided on the Site (you will be required to log in first).
5. Linked Sites
The Empowered Surveys Site, the survey invitations we send you, and if applicable, the email promotions we send you may provide links to our partner and advertiser web sites. If you link to any of these Third Party sites this policy will not apply to your use of those sites.
6. Frequency of email communications
All email communications that result from your Empowered Surveys membership will be sent directly from us and will prominently feature the Empowered Surveys logo and our contact details. You may also be contacted by third parties. By responding to a specific question you expressly consent for that named third party company or organisation to contact you using the details you provide.
7. Opting out
As a condition of membership you must provide a valid email address and agree to accept survey invitations from us.
If you do not wish to receive survey invitations from us you must terminate your membership using the facility provided on the site. A link to an opt-out facility is also provided at the bottom of every survey invitation we send you. By following this link you may terminate your membership.
In the event that you opt-out it may take up to 72 hours for your opt-out request to take effect. You will not receive any further email promotions from us after that time.
If you chose to receive additional offers and discounts from other companies and organisations and no longer wish to receive these offers and discounts, you must contact those other companies and organisations directly to opt out.
8. Changes to this policy
Trimantium GrowthOps Limited
Level 9, 287 Collins Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
GrowthOps will review and respond to your complaint as soon as possible, generally within 30 days of receiving it. If our Privacy Officer does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction and no other complaint resolution procedures are agreed or required by law, our Privacy Officer will inform you that your complaint may be referred to the Privacy Commissioner for further investigation and will provide you with the Commissioner’s contact details.